Australian Open: Week 2 Frazzle Post
[clearspring_widget title=”IBM Grand Slam Widget” wid=”49624e4c7981ede8″ pid=”4b64d28096c1c94b” width=”300″ height=”250″ domain=”widgets.clearspring.com”]
Reasons why Mandy will beat Fed tomorrow
- New aggressive attitude shown in the past two weeks
- Confidence – Murray still leading 6-4 in the H2H
- As usual, my retarded theory: Federer’s complacency after a strong semi. Roger has the tendency to play a hot match followed by a cold match. We’re due for a cold one.
- Form – Murray has served more aces, lost fewer sets and played the best tennis I’ve seen from him at a slam. Ever.
- Ferd the turd might turn up: Federer’s serve hasn’t been totally on this week.
- Fluoro armpits. Scary.
- Desire to win a first slam. To win a first slam beating Federer. To help the Brits win their first slam in 150,000 years by winning his first slam while beating Federer. Lastly, to earn Roger Federer’s respect.
Reasons Fed will beat Mandy tomorrow
- Big match experience, he’s done it 21 times before.
- The match may or may not be in Federer’s hands, but what matters is that Roger believes the match is in his hands
- The pressure on Murray: from his country and from himself, as a slamless 23 year old “heir apparent”
- By contrast, Roger has zero pressure: he defended his points, secured the No 1, looks happy and laid-back, and to be quite honest – he wouldn’t be crushed if he lost. BUT I’LL BE YOU FUCKWIT.
- TMF is in Melbourne. So is Ferd the turd. So who’ll stay home tomorrow to take care of the kids?
- The key to the match is Roger’s serve, which has been on and off all tournament. But that’s within his control.
- Hit for Haiti karma