Federporn Friday: Guest Star #1.
Since I’m running out of themes (ideas anyone?), I thought it’s about time we had a guest star on Federporn Friday.
And who better to be the first guest star in Federporno history than *ahem* former WTA player and soon-to-be birthday girl (April 1st) – Miroslava Vavrinec, also known as Mirka, Boss and HBIC?
Things you may or may not know about Mirka:
1. She was introduced to tennis by Martina Navratilova, who thought she was athletic and suggested that she try tennis. Navratilova even sent her a racquet and arranged for her first tennis lesson at the age of 9.
So … I’m thinking I don’t need to put this picture in a baby quiz, right?
2. She had a career high ranking of 76 (2001).
4. The WTA website describes her as a serve-and-volleyer. Riiiiiiight.
5. Her best shot is her backhand.
6. . Her best performance at a slam came in 2001, when she reached the third round of the US Open, before losing to … Justine Henin.
7. Incidentally, Mirka has a H2H record of 1-1 against Juju. (Let’s just say I got a little bored one day on the WTA website.)
8. Before dating Federer, Mirka had a 2-year relationship with a PRINCE. And I ain’t talking about the racquet. (clickey)
9. In the year 2000, she met a potato-head in Sydney, who took two weeks to work up the courage to kiss her, even though he was – in his own words – ‘almost 19 and a half’.
10. Since then, she’s come a long way, turning Fed from a total loser into Vogue Coverboy material.
For this, she deserves our boundless adulation.
Oh yeth. Mirka should be a role-model to every woman out there whose husband, boyfriend/girlfriend is a complete slob.
THERE IS HOPE MY SISTERS.
Despite her accomplishments, Mirka’s had her fair share of critics. Misogynists make snide remarks about her body image, to which I can only say “what’s wrong with it?”
Clearly Roger doesn’t give a damn.
Not to mention – she’s prettier than him. (Okay, as pretty as him. ‘Cause – you know – HE’S REALLY PRETTY. *stuffs fangirl voice back inside*)
All the while, feminists accuse her of not having her own career, choosing instead to follow Fed. But why do we assume that Federer’s career is his alone?
Consider this: Tiger Woods will still be Tiger Woods without Elin. But would Roger Federer be the same player without Mirka? Would he have had the same career without the support he got from his team, most significantly from Mirka?
After all, this is the woman who sat through 2 slams, including a 5-set, 4 hour Wimbledon final while she was heavily pregnant with twins. And then was perfectly happy to fly to Montreal just two weeks after the birth of the Mighty Babes.
You know, sometimes I think we don’t give her nearly enough credit for being a tennis fanatic.
The pair aren’t too into PDA, thank god. Unless Roger’s checked if the coast is clear.
Or unless Roger’s just beaten the Clay Monster on clay.
I love how pouty Roger is in this photo, “hey hey, bad timing. Go away.”
And after I’ve turned you all into complete perves, how about we finish up with the wedding photos?
They are rather nice, don’t cha think?
The Mighty Mirka, I adore thee. And thy hubby.